Frequently asked questions:
What are the camp hours?
– Our full day sessions run from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
– Half day morning sessions run from 9:00AM – 12:00PM
– Half day afternoon sessions run from 1:00PM – 4:00PM
Do you offer pre-camp or post-camp care?
– Yes, if your child(ren) need to be dropped off early or picked up late, please email Dorothy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dorothy will need to know approx. drop off & pick up times to ensure that coaches are available during that time.
Where are the camp sessions located?
– Our Summer Camps utilize three different parks:
July Camp park schedule – * subject to city permissions*:
- Whitemud Park North: Monday, July 20
- Gold Bar Park: Tuesday, July 21
- Kinsmen Park: Wednesday, July 22
- Kinsmen Park: Thursday, July 23
- Kinsmen Park: Friday, July 24
August Camp park schedule * subject to city permissions*:
- Whitemud Park North: Monday, August 10
- Kinsmen Park: Tuesday, August 11
- Rundle Park: Wednesday, August 12
- Kinsmen Park: Thursday, August 13
- Gold Bar Park: Friday, August 14
– During the summer camps, Dorothy will send emails reminding participants of park locations.
Who can attend?
– Our summer camps are open to children ranging in age from 5 to 17. Have a younger sibling that wants to explore? Siblings 4 years of age & under are welcome to participate for FREE with an adult accompanying them.
Is an adult required to attend with children 8 years old or under?
– Yes, for participants aged 5 – 8 we do require a parent/adult to attend. One parent/adult can look after more than one child – especially if there are siblings or friends attending the camp!
What activities will they do?
– With Kids Run Wild we do a lot of exploring! Our activities include: Fitness, nature/adventure hikes, games, treasure hunts & adventure missions! We are also likely to use the spray park at Kinsmen Park, as well as the creek at Gold Bar Park!
Can parents, grandparents or other guardians participate?
– Absolutely! We also encourage family participation! All adults participate at no charge!
Is lunch provided?
– Participants are responsible for bring their own lunches. Morning & afternoon snacks will be provided.
What happens if it rains?
– Our programs run rain or shine! Participants should be prepared to play in the rain when forecasted, however we will have small indoor spaces at most of the parks that can be utilized during heavy rain. We will not participate in outdoor activities during thunder &/or lightning storms.
Don’t see the answer to your question?
Please email Dorothy at email@example.com or call/text her at 587 990 3531!