COVID-19 is a serious health threat and the situation is evolving daily. All health and safety decisions are based on guidelines from Alberta Health Services, the Government of Alberta and the City of Edmonton. We continue to monitor the provided guidelines and make adjustments towards our activities as needed.
The most up to date COVID-19 related guidelines for our activities will be sent out to our participants closer to our program start dates. This will ensure that our participants have the most up to date and accurate information.
For other preventative measures besides social distancing, see below for Canada’s public health reminders:
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell. You can do a self-examination at alberta.ca.
- Self isolate if you have recently returned from travel. No exceptions.
- Wash your hands. Touch is the most common cause of transmission.
- Cough, blow your nose, or sneeze away from others. Water droplets can transmit the virus up to six feet (2 metres) away.
- Don’t travel if you don’t have to. We know that the virus has spread worldwide because of one thing: travel. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
Let’s do our part to flatten the pandemic curve. And don’t forget to thank a front line essential worker. They are on the front lines of this global crisis, putting their own health at risk every day for the greater good.