Are you an orienteer who enjoys a challenge and wants to improve your skills and stamina? If so, you should join our SSO program. This program is for anyone who already has a basic understanding of orienteering and wants to take their training to the next level. You will participate in different orienteering training activities in various park spaces throughout the year. These brain games will challenge your navigation skills and stamina at your own pace.
The SSO program has four series of sessions throughout the year, with two series lasting for 10 weeks and two series lasting for 5 weeks. The sessions are on Tuesdays and Thursdays, at different times depending on the series. The start dates of each series are:
- First series starts January 23 (5 weeks)
- Second series starts April 3 (10 weeks)
- Third series starts July 16 (5 weeks)
- Fourth series starts September 24 (10 weeks)
We offer three flexible options for you to join our SSO program. You can choose the option that suits your budget and schedule best. All fees are in Canadian dollars and include GST.
- 5 sessions for $35: This option allows you to attend any 5 sessions of your choice within the calendar year. You can mix and match the sessions according to your preference and availability. This option is ideal for those who want to try out the SSO program or have other commitments.
- 10 sessions for $60: This option gives you access to any 10 sessions of your choice within the calendar year. You can select the sessions that interest you the most or challenge you the most. This option is great for those who want to improve their skills and stamina gradually and consistently.
- Annual pass for $150: This option gives you unlimited access to all our SSO sessions throughout the year. You can attend any of the 60 sessions we offer in 2024. This option gives you the best value and flexibility, as you can join the SSO program anytime and as often as you like. This option is perfect for those who are passionate about orienteering and want to take their running training to a new level.
Sessions rotate through park spaces in Edmonton depending on activities for a given night. SSO combines orienteering Skills sessions with Stamina training. All sessions include an element of orienteering. All sessions start immediately after our Kids Run Wild Program.
** Participants who are 13 – 15 years old, can join these sessions with an adult family member.
Please Email Elizabeth with any questions regarding this program.
Check out some of our sample activities below.